Friday, February 22, 2008

Experiencing the Street Photography


girl
Originally uploaded by maxloxton (Back to Life).
Two Year Back...Year 2006, January 15th.

I never had the idea that what this cybershoot and my digital experience would bring me. This 2.1 Mp camera that I bought sometime back has been clinging with me for sometime. I planned out to venture the Masjid Wazir Khan on sunday noon and reached the Masjid Wazir Khan, sitting there silenty observing the pigeons hovering over the age old beautiful architectural wonder by the Mughals.

The pigeons have always been my centre of attraction as you see them closely silenty doing thier day job in carefree manner. The sky was overcasted and hence was enjoying the winter breeze as well the cold wind blowing through the Masjid. Like me very few other people could be seen in the Masjid, some children playing nearby caught my attention.

I have never been fond of taking photos of children as this is not my ultimate subject or to be very honest have never shot them. The two beautiful girls caught my attention, watching me from a distance wat I have been doing. I asked her timidly to sit nearby one of the gates of the Wazir Khan Masjid and there she sat and I clicked.

Keeping in view the very fact that they were my first ever interactions with the street photography and people, I liked the results and the candid expressions. This opened a whole new door for me to venture into the photography more seriously in the time to come.

No comments: